Data analysis is an important component of intentional teaching. It includes working with information (data) to support the goals and plans for individual children and groups. Before teachers can effectively use these procedures and methods, it is important to see data analysis as part of the process.
This active one-day session will focus on learning and practicing a collaborative data analysis process to increase child outcomes. The session will include the latest research and developmentally appropriate strategies used by successful teachers, interactive experiences and handouts to engage and deepen understanding and success, and completion of professional improvement plans to document teacher learning over time.
All participants need to bring:
• Objectives for Development and Learning book or Vol. 5 of Creative Curriculum for Preschool Foundation
• Laptop or Tablet to access Teaching Strategies GOLD Online - Be sure to have your power cord as well as your username and password to log in to GOLD
• Printed copy of the Class Profile for one session of Preschool (AM or PM) from Spring 2015/16 from GOLD
• Printed copy of the Snapshot Report for 1 session (same session as class profile) of Preschool from Spring 2015/1
• Weekly Lesson Plan from last 2 weeks of Preschool- Spring 2015/16
Instructor: Kate Werling, Educational Consultant, Directions Coaching and Consulting
Contact: Jennifer Jansen, MBAEA
Date/Time: 6/9/16 @ 8:30 to 3:30, one hour lunch on your own
Location: Isle of Capri, Isle Center Salon B, 800 Isle Parkway, Bettendorf.
Registration closes 6/1/16.
This is a no cost/no credit workshop.