This course offers teachers:
• valuable instruction on how to use literary arts, music and drama to teach daily curriculum
• teaching strategies for actively involving students in classroom arts activities
• easy-to-follow activities that teachers can use in the classroom (no prerequisites!)
• exciting sessions with internationally reknowned Visiting Artists and opportunities to hear live performances
• a variety of ways to earn graduate or professional development credit, and have fun while doing it!
Specific topics to be covered in individual workshops include using jazz music, storytelling, language arts, drama and other art forms and how it can relate to other subjects.
Quad City Arts is committed to offering professional development for teachers through our arts-in-education programming. Led by professional educators, these interactive sessions feature presenters from the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, nationally-renowned performing artists from the Visiting Artist Series and local educators with years of arts education experience.
Instructor: Steve Schwaegler, Davenport Community School District
Session Number: 6581
Dates, Times, Locations:
2/21/15 @ 7:00-10:00 pm @ Redeemer Lutheran Church, Bettendorf
2/23/15, 3/26/15, 4/9/15, 4/23/15, 4/30/15 @ 4:00-7:00 pm @ Quad City Arts, 1715 2nd Ave., Rock Island
Registration closes 2/12/15.
Costs - include $50 materials fee
$220 for 1 Drake Grad credit
$150 for 1 Relicensure credit (for classroom teachers and substitutes)
$100 for 1 Paraeducator relicensure credit (for para license renewal only; not for classroom teachers or substitutes)
$50 audit/no credit - materials only
$10 for CEUs - please select audit or credit when paying for CEUs; please check with your licensing agency to verify the appropriateness of course content. A CEU certificate will be provided after the completion of the course.