This workshop is open only to Bettendorf ECSE teachers and community-based preschool partners.
Early Childhood Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
(EC-PBIS) is an approach for addressing a child´s behavior based on humanistic values and research. This approach assists the user to develop an understanding of why the child has challenging behavior and teach the child new skills to replace the challenging behavior. It is a holistic approach that considers all of the factors that impact a child, a family, and the child´s behavior.
Ongoing research has found that Positive Behavior Supports, the foundation for EC-PBIS, is a very powerful intervention that is effective with all ages, diverse groups, and people of various cultures and abilities. It is the only comprehensive approach that is evidence-based and addresses challenging behaviors within a variety of natural settings. This workshop will cover Prevent – Teach – Reinforce for Young Children and EC-PBIS implementation.
Goals & Objectives
• Describe an evidence-based framework for addressing social emotional development and challenging behavior.
• Identify strategies to address common barriers to evidence based practices.
• Identify effective leadership strategies including collaborative planning, program-wide planning and professional development.
• Apply collaborative action planning strategies for improving children’s social emotional and behavioral outcomes.
• Increase understanding of a specific EC-PBIS application (PTR).
• a model specifically for preschool settings for individualized intervention with challenging behavior.
• Understand detailed steps for designing and modeling positive interventions.
Instructors: Kathy Bartling, Lorry Wilson
Session No.: 6108
Dates: 10/30/13, 1/31/14 (2-4 pm), 4/2/14
Time: 1:30 - 3:30
Location: Mississippi Bend AEA, Bettendodrf
This is a no cost, no credit workshop.