· Develop skills regarding early childhood development.
· Identify the 6 competency standards and 13 functional areas related to Early Childhood Education and Care.
· Participate in group discussions, projects, videos, role play, demonstrations, and hands-on coursework.
· Participate in 120 hours of in-class learning and on-line coursework.
· Complete a professional portfolio.
Successful completion of all of the above will allow the candidate to apply for a CDA credential. There is an additional fee for the CDA application, exam, and observation from a CDA Professional Development Specialist, that will be paid to the CDA Council. TEACH Michigan Scholarships may cover all or part of the CDA application fee but cannot be used for the $450 class registration fee.
Thank you for your interest in the Child Development
Associate Credential Preparation Class! Since some of the registration costs
for the course may be covered by MiWorks, we are required to gather some
personal information from all participants. This information will only be
shared with that organization for reporting purposes and is confidential. We
are using a Google form so that your information is encrypted when being
transmitted and stored. Before filling out the registration information below,
please click on this link to the CDA participant Google form. https://forms.gle/EsQZzHwrP1xDum1D7