· Develop skills regarding early childhood development.
· Identify the 6 competency standards and 13 functional areas related to Early Childhood Education and Care.
· Participate in group discussions, projects, videos, role play, demonstrations, and hands-on coursework.
· Participate in 120 hours of in-class learning and on-line coursework.
· Complete a professional portfolio.
Successful completion of all of the above will allow the candidate to apply for a CDA credential. There is an additional fee for the CDA application, exam, and observation from a CDA Professional Development Specialist, that will be paid to the CDA Council. TEACH Michigan Scholarships may cover all or part of the CDA application fee but cannot be used for the $450 class registration fee.
you for your interest in the Child Development Associate Credential Preparation
Class! Since some of the registration costs for the course may be covered by
MiWorks, we are required to gather some personal information from all
participants. This information will only be shared with that organization for
reporting purposes and is confidential. We are using a Google form so that your
information is encrypted when being transmitted and stored. Before filling out the registration information below,
please click on this link to the CDA participant Google form. https://forms.gle/cccRs6GvT6Q3MK8D8