May 2, 3, 24, & 25, 2022 ~ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
The Adaptive Schools Foundation and Advanced Seminars present a productive, practical set of ideas and tools for developing collaborative groups in becoming effective and better equipped to resolve complex issues around student learning. The work of the Adaptive Schools Seminars is to develop the resources and capacities of the organization and of individuals to cohesively respond to the changing needs of students and society.
The training not only explores what makes teams effective, but how to develop skills as facilitators and informed group members in informal and formal settings, and in small and large groups. It takes participants beyond the idea of professional learning communities to the actual implementation, describing specific ways to weave the collaborative fabric of a faculty, develop group member skills, and acquire the principles and understandings to engage in a continuous cycle of team and individual improvement. Adaptive Schools is the "how" of professional learning communities: how to behave in groups, how to lead them, and how to facilitate them for improved leading, teaching, and learning.
OUTCOMES: In the four-day Adaptive Schools Foundation Seminar, participants will develop:
- An increased capacity to initiate, develop and sustain high functioning groups
- New lenses for diagnosing the stages and phases of group development
- An expanded repertoire of practical facilitation tools
- Understandings of when and how to engage groups in dialogue and discussion, the limitations, forms and values of each
- Skills to move groups beyond consensus to common focus
- Ways to value and use dissension, argument and conflict
- Strategies for keeping group members on track, on topic, energized and resourceful
PRESENTER: Carolyn McKanders is the former Co-Director of Organizational Culture for Thinking Collaborative, the home of Adaptive Schools Seminars and the Cognitive Coaching Seminars. She is the former Co-Director of the Center for Adaptive Schools. As an educational consultant, Carolyn specializes in individual, group and organization development. Her passion is promoting quality human relationships through communication, collaboration and leadership skills development.
Cost: $100 per person (book and lunch are included)
Credit: SCECHs may be available pending State approval
Please contact Lynn Potter at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
If you have any questions or need to register more than one person using a credit card, please email Lynn Potter at email@example.com.